Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A trip to the dentist


Do you remember the first time you go to the dentist? Mine is vague. However, last Saturday was Adlan's first trip to the dentist.
It started when that evening he showed us his tooth that is already loose and another tooth has reaching out. Upon seeing it, my immediate response is to the dentist we go.
At first, he was still blur with what is going to happen. I explain to him that we have to pluck the tooth out. Either he wants the dentist to do it or I do it myself.
Luckily, he chose the dentist.
So there we go, arriving at the clinic it was pouring heavily. We decided that I will accompany him while my husband is with Shakeel. While waiting, I explain more that they will be blood coming out after the tooth is plucked. At that point of time, I saw adlan's face changes from cool to terrified.
Briefly after that, the nurse call his name. Entering the dentist room, Adlan is a bit confused. I guess it was a new surrounding for him. The dentist called his name and ask him to sit. He went on to sit and immediately open his mouse and close his eyes.
Just about when the dentist touches his loose tooth, adlan's started his wailing..waaa...waaa...waaaa. Hahah..wooo..that was unexpected.
Me and the dentist do our best to make him stop crying but he still continue crying profusely.
However, he manage to residue for a while and that gives the doctor a chance to put one some medication to numb the gums.
Quickly after the medication had given effect, the dentist plucked the tooth and my son continues wailing.
And finally it is over. While I was coaching him, I had to promise to buy him something (toys obviously). That evening, he got his batman action figures and I am so proud that my son has had his experience on the first trip to the dentist.

No comments: