Monday, January 19, 2009

2009: Weaning Success etc


Since I was introduced to facebook, I have started abandoning this blog. However, since today is another history made in my life i decided to write again. Today i finally succeeded to wean my child. I have been breastfeeding for 2 years and 9 month and last night is the first time shakeel's sleeps without the help of my breast! I was worried that letting go will be so hard but I was thankful that we were granted with a very well behaved children.
The process of weaning actually needs to be slowly,gradually and has to be the time when both mother and child is ready. In the process, I always talk to him every night about how big he is now and that he should have not depend on my feeding anymore. He understands it bits by bits and finally succumb to it.
I am so proud with my children. This year, Adlan start schooling in Standard One. He likes to go to school but my worries will be that he is a quiet child. It is hard for him to start to talk. Need some persuasion and provocation before opening his mouth. He is also a child that does not stands for himself. We as parent always worries that he can be bullies by others. We are praying hardly that will not happen. Other than that, he is a very good boy. I almost cried on his first day school. Another milestone in our life is mark.
As for career, this year I will be reporting to a new head and hopefully all goes well in this hard years of economic meltdown. My intention to jump career is now on hold. I want to focus on what I have now and do my best. And for another baby?Maybe next year. Just want to relax and focus on myself now and family I already have now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woit uyei.. :).. sungguh penyayang.. sweet sungguh.. i wish you and yer family happy life ever and always make the rite decission for yer kids, same goes to me..:)